1. Post 11 random facts about myself
2. Answer 11 questions the awarding blogger has asked
3. Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers, add their links to this post,
and let them know that they have been nominated
4. Create 11 questions the nominated blogs have to answer
- I am addicted to Flaming Hot Cheetos, and my friends and family make a joke of it whenever they can. When I made it in England a few months ago, my mom sent 10 bags of cheetos from home in California to ensure my survival in a cheeto-less part of the world. Bless her heart <3
- I played the viola in my high school's string orchestra for three years (and was terrible at it!)
- I am a big Harry Potter fan. Thinking about Neville Longbottom's character development gets me all choked up.
- I've kept a dream journal since 2011, and use it semi-regularly for sketching concepts and paintings.
- I read a lot of manga when I was younger, and it's still been a staple in my reading today. Some favorites: Trigun by Yasuhiro Nightow, Vagabond by Takehiko Inoue, Blade of the Immortal by Hiroaki Samura.
- I've been slowly becoming minimalist since 2012.
- The entirety of my personal stash is logged on Ravelry. What a tiny collection of yarn!
- The shop stash is a slightly different story, but the yardage has been dwindling at a very even rate. My small living space has kept the yarn population under control.
- I am an INFP on the Myers-Briggs scale.
- Sadly, I'm allergic to cats. ;_;
- My most recent gaming achievement: ..beating 2048
- What is your favorite thing to either knit or crochet? Right now the answer's a no-brainer. Socks! A close second would be hats as the construction is fantastically easy when you work from the brim up.
- What is your favorite season? With good company, autumn and winter would be my favorites. The cool air means being able to wear my handknits and share the warmth with others!
- What is your favorite book? Just one? Too cruel! A top favorite book from the top of my head would be Franz Molnar's Prisoners. Jason gave the book to me as a gift and remembering some of the lines sometimes just stops me in my tracks. If you can find a copy, I recommend you read it right away.
- When did you start knitting or crocheting? I was initially taught to knit at 13 by my best friend, but I took up knitting with a little more depth and ambition in April/May of 2012.
- What do you like most about knitting or crocheting? What I love most next to being able to turn string into the shape of warm lovely clothing is the therapeutic effect of the craft. I also love the gentle reminder knitting offers us--even the most daunting designs and projects are possible, all you need to do it take it one stitch at a time.
- What is your favorite food? Since hot cheetos can't possibly be a real food, I'd say second best is sushi.
- What would be an ideal day for you if you could do anything all day? A nice forest walk and a picnic, and a figure drawing workshop for the rest of the day. :]
- What kind of wool do you like to knit or crochet with most? I'd like to try a nice handspun sock-yarn sometime!
- What will your next creative project be? I'm thinking about learning to write and publish my own designs!
- When did you start blogging and what gave you the inspiration to blog? I started my blog in June 2012 thanks to some other inspiring bloggers and haven't stopped yet!
- Jenna of hardknitlife
- A. Gingringer of Disorderly Twinings
- Lottie of Lottieknits
- Charly of An Accidental Knitter
- Sabrina of Donnarossa's World
- Julia of Words and Stitches
- Kylie of Like Purls off a String
- Kaiya of Winterlime Knits
- Nicole of Singing of Hope
- Cyprienne of Big Knitting Trouble
- Hanni of Hannicraft
My questions for nominated blogs
- Where has most of your yarn been purchased?
- Do you have a favorite knitting designer? Who are they?
- Where do you like to knit the most?
- What is your current favorite song?
- What was the best adventure you've ever had?
- What type of knitting/crochet project have you queued or faved the most on Ravelry?
- If you could only read one book or book series for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
- What is the strangest place you've crafted?
- Are you an early-bird or a night-owl? Something in between?
- What is one post on your blog that you think everyone should read?
- Recommend your favorite restaurant or cafe in your town!